Thursday, December 11, 2008
Monday, July 7, 2008
"The eyes of the future are looking back at us and they are
Wednesday, June 25, 2008
I ran into a really striking bulletin board for a church recently -
had to take a snapshot. In case you don't have your bi-focals on, it says:
Religion is GOODNESS with its sleeves rolled up.
It made me think of another quote on religion I like:
1. Belief in and reverence for a supernatural power or powers regarded as creator and governor of the universe.
2. A personal or institutionalized system grounded in such belief and worship.
3. The life or condition of a person in a religious order.
4. A set of beliefs, values, and practices based on the teachings of a spiritual leader.
5. A cause, principle, or activity pursued with zeal or conscientious devotion.
Having zeal or devotion to kindness...or goodness...nuff said.
I went chasing the sun and kissin' the wind this past wkend on a BMLM [Bare Minimum Last Minute] **trip to W. Virginia. Some wishfull observations:
1. Ohio doesn't have any Biscuit World restaraunts...pity...miss the sweet tea and honey biscuits already.
2. Cicadas provide natural musical serenading as you drive -roll down the windows -turn OFF your stereo and give it a listen...before they're gone.
3. Lop-sided-abandoned-weather-beaten-old-barns are now my new curiosity...maybe...obsession.4. Queen size sheets spray painted with messages make fantastic community message boards!
5. Listening to live banjo pickin' bluegrass music & eating fresh home cooked organic food is really "almost heaven"...
I wishweaved all the way from Charleston to the New River Gorge Bridge -- evidence by the pics!
**BMLM -Bare Minimum, Last Minute -pronounced - Bim-Lim, -definition- the best way to have a party, live life, take out the fussiness and hassle of ' IT ' -concept invented by SARK
Sunday, June 15, 2008
Friday, June 6, 2008
- hidden in grocery ailse for someone to find while hunting for rice
- tucked in the $3 tip after dinner the other night in Milford
- hidden amongst the flora at the garden center...lookey ->
Monday, May 26, 2008
Sunday, May 18, 2008
Monday, May 12, 2008
Wednesday, April 30, 2008
While exploring in the woods, I found a neglected old cemetery and was amazed by the tiny moss covered tombstones of long forgotten children and the giant ivy covered stones of their parents. I also discovered dangling grapevine and made an impromptu mini wreath to cast out into the pond for wishmaking. While wrapping the vines, I energetically put my intentions into this wreath of wooden infinity and lovingly tossed it out into the water to float off into the big unknown. When it eventually unfolds and either sinks to bottom or ends up in the shore line slosh, I know magical things will have already begun for me. The gift of solitude, quietness, and self-permission to disconnect from the noise of the world to hear what is really going on was my first step~