I ran into a really striking bulletin board for a church recently -
had to take a snapshot. In case you don't have your bi-focals on, it says:
Religion is GOODNESS with its sleeves rolled up.
It made me think of another quote on religion I like:
1. Belief in and reverence for a supernatural power or powers regarded as creator and governor of the universe.
2. A personal or institutionalized system grounded in such belief and worship.
3. The life or condition of a person in a religious order.
4. A set of beliefs, values, and practices based on the teachings of a spiritual leader.
5. A cause, principle, or activity pursued with zeal or conscientious devotion.
Having zeal or devotion to kindness...or goodness...nuff said.